Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Was So Done

Because people freak out here when there's even a teensy bit of snow I was stuck at my job for almost 72 hours.

I have never been more done than I was last night when I arrived home at 10 p.m..

I had arrived at work at 6:30 a.m. Monday.

I slept over 2 nights.

Yesterday was one crisis after another.

Add in the factors that all the higher ups were gone and will not return until Monday, broken/frozen pipes, one moronic resident who decided to go walking in the iced over parking lot without her walker and yes, she fell, another in facility fall, the vast majority of residents who think it's all about them and them only, being short staffed, and on unto forever....I was so very done.

I am not looking forward to working tomorrow.

I'm not even going into my spouse who's a real ass at the moment.

The 22 mile drive home on 2 hours sleep after my 15 hour day, was so scary, icy, freaky that I sang old French folk songs to stay alert~I was done.

However, I must praise God for helping me get home safe, for the lack of idiots on the road, my front wheel drive car, and many other small graces!!!!!!!

My med tech co-worker who was my port in the storm yesterday~Thanks girlfriend!!!

Now I'm off to attempt to catch up on sleep.

No comments: