Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Drained

I find myself wondering why the heck I ever wanted to be a nurse?

It's not really much fun.

I don't feel like I'm making a difference.

Mostly, right now, I just feel drained.

Drained by the constant demand of each and every self centered person I deal with at work.

I don't know why I am the least bit surprised that almost every single person I deal with at work from residents to staff are ALL about themselves.

It's not that I want any special attention. Because I don't.

I'm feeling disillusioned.

Completely and totally disillusioned.

It might be nice to feel as if I was part of a team. Yet I don't see a team.

Am I cynical?

I don't think so.

I'm being realistic.

I'm feeling disenfranchised at home.

Unappreciated in both places.

It's hard to see the forest for the trees when I'm so tired physically and emotionally.

Whine, whine, whine.

That's enough from me today.

1 comment:

Sniffles and Smiles said...

You are working so hard!!! Steep learning curve with any new job! I'm so sorry... You are in my thoughts! Been thinking of you, and so just stopping by to say "hi!" Sending you love, Janine XO